[Gnu-arch-users] Re: designing how to kill pristine trees

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: designing how to kill pristine trees
Date: 07 Oct 2003 18:04:39 +0900

BTW, I thought of a different algorithm, which I might like better:
just search upwards from the project tree until you find a
`.arch-pristines' and/or `.arch-revlib' dir, and use those, otherwise
use a default.

Here's a script to implement it:

   #!/bin/sh
   # Construct a tla revision library path.
   # CWD should be in the tree tla wants to operate on.
   # The returned path is separated by `:'; the first entry is considered
   # special in that it is used for automatically cached revisions.

   REVLIB_PATH="/usr/local/arch-pristines:/usr/local/arch-revlib"

   # Find sibling root
   while :; do
     DIR="`pwd`"
     test "$DIR" = / && break
     if test -z "$PRISTINES" -a -d "$DIR/.arch-pristines"; then
       PRISTINES="$DIR/.arch-pristines"
     fi
     if test -z "$REVLIB" -a -d "$DIR/.arch-revlib"; then
       REVLIB="$DIR/.arch-revlib"
     fi
     cd ..
   done

   test -z "$REVLIB" || REVLIB_PATH="$REVLIB:$REVLIB_PATH"
   test -z "$PRISTINES" || REVLIB_PATH="$PRISTINES:$REVLIB_PATH"

   echo "$REVLIB_PATH"

-miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page