Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-pqm 0.2

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-pqm 0.2
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:26:36 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Colin Walters <address@hidden>

    > Second, submit-merge could be based on some metainformation stored in an
    > archive.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of that.   At least it should be finer
granularity that that.

    > We could also add interesting metadata to merge requests, like:

    > Closes: #243330, #75832

Which is a really interesting idea if we can figure out what it means
but it also suggests that it really doesn't belong in tla itself.

Tla is just doing the basic revision control stuff (ideally) -- what
you're talking about is a new thing that's layered:

        |                     new thing                   |