Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --date

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --date
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:28:48 -0800

On Dec 17, 2003, at 21:54, Charles Duffy wrote:

One alternative approach, btw, which just occurred to me:

cscvs could support the use of an LD_PRELOAD such as libfaketime to make
the system time appear to tla to be that at which a commit is supposed
to occur.

I would hope it wouldn't have to come to that. The ability to alter the date might lead to abuse, but it doesn't seem that there's really away around the need for tools like this.

Perhaps a --date implementation would create another header for the actual creation timestamp...something like that.

This still leaves us without a good way of changing my-id for just one
invocation (without any chance of leaving it in a bad state after an
unexpected exit) -- but perhaps the same approach could be applied there
as well.

It seems to me that all commands allow overriding of the default archive, having them override the id might make sense as well.

        However, you'd need to map the rcs id to a tla id somehow.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>