Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --date

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --date
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:31:23 -0800

On Dec 18, 2003, at 17:10, James Blackwell wrote:

Sure, I can put a try/finally block around the relevant code, but it's
only *reasonably good* safety, not perfect -- plus there's potential for
issues if the user is trying to use tla concurrently.

Aren't you over-engineering this problem? We're talking about my-id here.

#!/bin/sh
tla my-id "Something Else <address@hidden>"
tla dosomethingthatcores
tla my-id "James Blackwell <address@hidden>"

This would work just fine, provided you could tolerate a race for my-id if
you ran tla elsewhere.

I think the most simple solution is to have a --my-id option to commit. Don't change the config, just override it.

--
Dustin Sallings