Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File-tpye plug-in architecture for Arch?

From: Tupshin Harper
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File-tpye plug-in architecture for Arch?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:59:48 -0800

Tom Lord wrote:

   > From: Tupshin Harper <address@hidden>

   >> Having software developers who don't understand what turing completeness
   >> *is*, and who when asked if a language is turing-complete go into
   >> completely irrelevant implementation details... well, that's how I read
   >> Tom's post, and a sentiment I don't entirely disagree with.

> Lol...I can see that....I rejected that interpretation just because > that's a bit much to be blaming poor little w3c for.

No, it really isn't.    Weren't you paying attention to, for example,
job postings during the dot-com boom?  Startup company announcements?
Industry endorsements?

No, I think w3c is very much a guilty party here.

-t

OK....they brought the booze to the party, but the drinking was voluntary. One party can't be so simply blamed for mass hysteria. Originally, nobody was envisioning HTML/HTTP "applications". It was strictly an information delivery mechanism. Other (non-w3c) people started building other things on top of it, and w3c has been trying to keep with what others were doing with their technology ever since. (Yes...oversimplification, but so is your view) ;-)

-Tupshin