[Gnu-arch-users] Directory rename with names tagging

From: Jacob Gorm Hansen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Directory rename with names tagging
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:35:57 +0100

hi,

I am working on top of a BK-managed source tree (the very cool Xen
virtualisation layer from Cambridge), part of which is a 'sparse' Linux
2.4 tree. The linux directory was recently renamed from
xenolinux-2.4.22-sparse to  xenolinux-2.4.23-sparse, and after doing a
'bk pull' (or just a tla mv by hand), tla now tells me that the old dir
and all files below it have been deleted, and re-added as brand new
files under the 2.4.23 dir. I am using the 'names' tagging method.

Naturally, this is not what I need, as I maintain my own changes to this
tree in a separate branch, and would like them to be merged with the
2.4.23 version.

I suppose that if I was using explicit rather than names tagging, this
would be simple, however I would prefer to be able to keep using names
for this project. How can I make tla understand that this is just a
directory rename?

thanks,
Jacob