Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:33:04 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

I tend to get this message pretty often these days.
Maybe I botched my tla build or something.
Otherwise what kind of user-error can it come from (assumming I have not
touched anything manually in my library)?
If you're using hard-linked trees, you can get this if a tool doesn't break hard links.

This is particularly annoying when I'm not connected.  So, once I get this
message, is there any way I can rebuild the indo signature info without
delete&restart ?
A corrupt inode signature indicates that a file in your library may have been modified. You must replace the library, because most likely it's the *library* that's corrupt, not the signature.

Aaron