[Gnu-arch-users] Re: corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)
Date: 15 Feb 2004 17:32:26 -0500

> Re: rebuilding - I suggest you make a local mirror of the project you
> are following.

There indeed is a lot of "redundant" features in Arch.
I wish I didn't have to choose and setup those different alternatives.

In this particular case, what I want is a "cache" that might keep a bunch
of full versions (either in "library" form or in "cacherev" form) but also
that would greedily store any patch that I had to download from
a remote location.  I.e. a mix of mirror and library that would
automatically and transparently mirror any remote archive I use.

I.e. as long as the cache is not flushed, remote hosts would only ever be
contacted in order to check for new stuff and in order to download this
new stuff, but nothing more.

        Stefan