Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt library (failed inode signature validation)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:42:43 +1100

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 10:54, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I tend to get this message pretty often these days.
> Maybe I botched my tla build or something.
> Otherwise what kind of user-error can it come from (assumming I have not
> touched anything manually in my library)?
>
> This is particularly annoying when I'm not connected.  So, once I get this
> message, is there any way I can rebuild the indo signature info without
> delete&restart ?

Are you hardlinking to the library? If so, you probably are using
something like autoconf that isn't hardlink safe (perhaps even your
editor).

There's a userspace library (in the list archives) that will protect
your library for you.

Re: rebuilding - I suggest you make a local mirror of the project you
are following.

Rob