Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --forward mostly harmless

From: Patrick Mauritz
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --forward mostly harmless
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:06:45 +0200

Am Montag, 13. September 2004 04:56 schrieb Tom Lord:
> Seconded.  A less buggy implementation *might* be useful but I support
> with "remove this which never worked properly and then await
> legitimate demand (with skepticism) before installing a corrected
> version" rather than simply "fix".
would it be acceptable to have arch, in the case of --forward split the patch
in several patches for the same file, to work around this buggy behaviour?

an alternative could be to import patch into tla as library and do the
necessary tweaks there - a libpatch might be necessary to significantly boost
tla/win32's performance anyway.

patrick mauritz