Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --forward mostly harmless

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --forward mostly harmless
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:50:02 -0400

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 07:56:37PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
> Seconded.  A less buggy implementation *might* be useful but I support
> with "remove this which never worked properly and then await
> legitimate demand (with skepticism) before installing a corrected
> version" rather than simply "fix".

It might be worth checking the sources to see if that's actually what the
command does.

I've always been kinda nervous about this behavior (because I often use it to
re-merge linux patches which have been only partially applied upstream), and
so tend to watch it with a jaundiced eye, but so far it's never actually done
anything bad.

For me, duplicate suppression of some sort is absolutely necessary,
but I usually use `star-merge --three-way' anyway...

-Miles
--
`Life is a boundless sea of bitterness'