Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --forward mostly harmless

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] --forward mostly harmless
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:58:56 +0200

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 14:31 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Phil Frost wrote:
> > I think this just applies to normal diffs, that is, not unidiff, because
> > it has no context.
>
> Yeah: "if it is a normal diff ... because a null context matches
> anywhere".  I don't think this applies to unified or context diffs.

My misreading.

OTOH I have noticed that patch _does_ tend to re-add hunks which are
already present instead of conflicting. So I still expect the heuristic
to be more tricky that you'd expect.

But at this point we need some proof-of-concept implementation and tests
to say anything useful.

--
                                                            -- ddaa