Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Future of GNU Arch, bazaar and bazaar-ng ... ?

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Future of GNU Arch, bazaar and bazaar-ng ... ?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:45:53 +0200

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 12:21:48 -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:36:14AM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> > BTW, Emacs + Ediff (+ Xtla) do that wonderfully: In ediff mode,
> > pressing 'b' will undo the current hunk, 'n' moves to the next hunk. I
> > don't know the best way to do the same for non-Emacs users, but sure
> > there are some other tools to do this.
>
> Why wouldn't you just keep logically unrelated work in different branches
> and merge them independantly?

Because having 3 or 4 branches and remebering what is on which is a bit
difficult?

Because I just realized that this part of implementing something fixes a bug
in mainline, but other part of the something I have already done is
hopelessly broken?

And perhaps few other reasons.

And though many times shelf is really what I need, sometimes the changes
include trivial fixes, reindenting, coment pruning and things like that that
I want to commit separately, but don't want to spend too much time on such
trivial things.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>