[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch commit on large trees ?

From: Philippe Moutarlier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch commit on large trees ?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:32:31 -0700

baz inventory -s | wc -l

22133 files

There are 2 delays : the first one is before even looking for the
revision. Why ?
Can we turn off the integrity check ? In general we have to trust our
own file system ... (and back it up !) otherwise little could be done.
In case of a purely local branch, I don't see the benefit of this check.

I am a little disappointed that it seems  arch doesn't quite scale up to
that project size. That was what I heard around but I wanted to give a
try for myself. I am afraid there is no way I could get my guys to buy
it, which is too bad.

Nice concept though !

Philippe