RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: recent changes

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: recent changes
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:05:57 -0800

Mikhael Goikhman wrote:

> Also, I always limit cache of mozilla or gimp to something like 25Mb.
> Do you mean mozilla should store _every_ page or multimedia
> it downloaded
> in $HOME or /tmp? This would be pretty silly. If my disk is
> often full or
> most of my archives are local, why should I need the greedy revlib?
This is a very good suggestion. I think in the future tla should be told
to limit the size of a revlib to a user specified number.

> The account I am writting from has hard limit of 5000 files per user.
> Still I manage to host here about 10 projects using "tla
> replay" (mostly
> home pages) that use 2000 files.
So 2000 files for the projects, 2000 for the pristine copies. You
effectively have a quota of 1000 to do eveything else. Cannot even
compile tla. Also if your email client stores one email per file (at
least kmail does that) ...
I thought I am a victim of the draconian corperate policy.

> Regards,
> Mikhael.

Derek