Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: recent changes

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: recent changes
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:01:54 +0000

On 20 Nov 2005 12:28:07 -0800, Derek Zhou wrote:

> I can make some patches so that tla will complain loud if a greedy
> revlib is not found. Also how about a default greedy revlib in either
> ~/my-tla-revlib or /tmp/uid-tla-revlib?

I don't think I like the idea of filling my home page or /tmp with
gigabytes of possibly useless files. People speak disks are cheap, but
I constantly have a shortage of free space in 40Gb and larger disks.

Also, I always limit cache of mozilla or gimp to something like 25Mb.
Do you mean mozilla should store _every_ page or multimedia it downloaded
in $HOME or /tmp? This would be pretty silly. If my disk is often full or
most of my archives are local, why should I need the greedy revlib?

The account I am writting from has hard limit of 5000 files per user.
Still I manage to host here about 10 projects using "tla replay" (mostly
home pages) that use 2000 files. It would be absolutely impossible with
greedy revlib where the file count is over 200000 for just 100 revisions.

Regards,
Mikhael.