Re: [Gnu-arch-users] On incompetent uses of English

From: ams
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] On incompetent uses of English
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 18:12:31 +0100

   > I'm so used to seeing incompetent use of English around here by
   > now that my brain just autocorrects this stuff before I read it.

   I guess you're a native English speaker, right?  How many foreign
   languages do you master sufficiently well to be able to participate
   in similar discussions using one of them?

My experience is that incompetent use of English usually comes from
native speakres, and not from non-native speakers, since native
speakers don't try as hard in being clear, while non-native speakers
do.

(FYI, I know three languages that I can use to partake in a techincal
dicussion, of which English is not my native tounge)