[GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!

From: Jaromil
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:30:07 +0200

re all,

the new dyne:III - the third series of dyne:bolic development, has
reached its beta status and is getting ready to go public!

if you have time please let us know about your experience with

 dyne.org::dynebolic-dev-anon/dyneIII/dynebolic-3.0-beta1.iso

available for download via rsync, 1.4GB in total (DVD or USB boot)

this version of our OS is based on the last stable version of
pure:dyne "carrot and coriander" ( see http://puredyne.org ) closely
reviewed following the 100% free guidelines set by the linux-libre
project.

once ready, the codename for this release will be "munir" and its main
repository is hosted on http://apt.dyne.org/dyneIII

the dyneIII apt mirrors various package collections, among them:
linux-libre, pure:dyne, gnuzilla / icecat, tor and our own package
collection at dyne.org. for the main base it relies on pure:dyne which
is a blend of ubuntu karmic.

this release is not yet ready to the wide-public and our server has
limited capacity, so please don't spread this message too far ;^)

you are welcome to beta-test and reply this email with your feedback.

background info:

 dyne:bolic is one of the earliest distribution that agreed to observe
 the 100% free guidelines suggested by the FSF and during the
 development of its I and II series (2001 - 2007) its success and
 popularity around the World, especially in the South, has been almost
 overwhelming :D thanks all of your for all the support shown so far!
 more informations are available on http://dynebolic.org

 all your donations so far have been very encouraging!
 http://pledgie.com/campaigns/13590

 thanks! a thousand flowers will blossom!

--
jaromil,  dyne.org developer,  http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39