Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:34:13 +1000

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:12:32 +0200
Jaromil <address@hidden> wrote:

> hi Jacobo,

> i'm currently using Broth, a wrapper on top of live-build that goto10
> developers did. i've cloned it here https://github.com/dyne/Broth it
> looks like a good tool to me, would be nice to integrate more changes
> into it.

i've just had a quick look at broth, and thought i'd chime in. while
its an interesting tool, have you considered patching debian-live or
live-build (by goto10... debian-live also contains a live-build)
directly?

> an alternative to it is PDK that Daniel is now maintaining at
> http://trac.64studio.com/pdk and should be also very good, yet i
> dislike XML and prefer parsing using AWK, so not my cup of tea so far.

The description is interesting, but i have to agree with the dislike of
xml (configs). Maybe one day i'll have time to look at it properly -
that with the merge-o-matic that ubuntu wrote (and is now discarding)
would be an interesting tool.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)