Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!

From: Jacobo Nájera
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 22:49:03 -0500

Jaromil wrote:
> hi Jacobo,
>
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, Jacobo Nájera wrote:
>
>> Some friends use Dyne to give workshops, I am going to fw
>
> ok! but plz tell them this is BETA, i've posted it here to get it
> reviewed and correct mistakes.
>
> indeed the priority of dyne:bolic is also that of usage in education,
> i do it myself running various workshops for medium and high schools..
>
>> Maybe you should build a like a virtual repo and in your .gz make a
>> rule and only you need other repo with a specific packages and
>> source.
>
> do you have any pointers on how to do that? what tool should i use?

I do not remember the whole process, but the idea is to have a hostname
with.gz and then is redirected to the ubuntu repo. This allows us to
have blacklist in packages.gz There are several things that must be
resolved before as the subject of apt-cache. I remeber You Need to
modify apt-get package

apt-transport-https
apt-utils

This has disadvantages, but it is temporal solution

If you have a server to do that it is better.

> i'm currently using Broth, a wrapper on top of live-build that goto10
> developers did. i've cloned it here https://github.com/dyne/Broth it
> looks like a good tool to me, would be nice to integrate more changes
> into it.
>
> an alternative to it is PDK that Daniel is now maintaining at
> http://trac.64studio.com/pdk and should be also very good, yet i
> dislike XML and prefer parsing using AWK, so not my cup of tea so far.

I am going to research about that