Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!

From: Rubén Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 03:38:17 +0200

> the new dyne:III - the third series of dyne:bolic development, has
> reached its beta status and is getting ready to go public!
>
> if you have time please let us know about your experience with

I don't have much so I didn't test it in deep, but at first sight it
doesn't look good:

* It comes with third party repositories enabled by default, including
ubuntu and medibuntu, which both contain many non-free packages.
* Installing linux-image or any other kernel flavour replaces the
default linux-libre with the vanilla kernel, complete with firmware.
* It comes with a package called "non-free-codecs" preinstalled.
* It comes with "jockey", an utility to install proprietary drivers.
* The official repository seems to lack the source code for most of
the binaries on the live cd.

> this version of our OS is based on the last stable version of
> pure:dyne "carrot and coriander" ( see http://puredyne.org ) closely
> reviewed following the 100% free guidelines set by the linux-libre
> project.

Could you explain how pure:dyne, dyne:bolic and dyne.org are related?