Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:33:26 +1000

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:31:17 +0200
Jaromil <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Karl Goetz wrote:
>
> > i've just had a quick look at broth, and thought i'd chime in. while
> > its an interesting tool, have you considered patching debian-live or
> > live-build (by goto10... debian-live also contains a live-build)
> > directly?
>
> yep, but i haven't intervened yet. i consider broth more like
> documentation than code: it's a very thin wrapper on live-build which
> at least tells me quickly what/where things are without needing to
> read too much docu...
>
> i understand now from you that debian has such a wrapper on top of
> live-build that is called "debian-live" and that it is also using the
> same live-build present both in debian and ubuntu. this is the current
> situation, right? any pointers at where to find the code of

Debian live is the parent project for a set of tools including
live-{boot,config,installer,tools}.
I'm aware of at least one other project who has a tool called
'live-build', i forget which distribution it was though.

> debian-live, possibly under a code revisioning system?

Like a lot of things debian, its in git. The homepage is [1],
live-build is at [2].

[1] http://live.debian.net/
[2] http://live.debian.net/devel/live-build/

> i really need to have all things lined up on the desk before starting
> to do anything, or decide that nothing is needed...

Know what you mean. Its a while since i worked on d-live, but i'm happy
to answer any questions i can for you ;)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au