Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review of uruk

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review of uruk
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 18:00:13 -0400

On Sat, 25 Mar 2023 09:12:01 +0300 Jean wrote:
> I suggest that you make a message very conclusive in itself so that
> readers may understand how Chromium is related to your withdrawal of
> the offer to participate in the review.

my reason is personal - i have grown weary of discussing it - in
this case, it appears that any conclusions regarding chromium
in the context of uruk, could not be addressed by the uruk
maintainers - only the pureos maintainers could do anything about
it; and thie issue has already been thoroughly discussed with
the pureos maintainers - in my lonely opinion, pureos and guix
are out of compliance with the FSDG, both knowingly and
willingly - therefore, i automatically have the same opinion of
uruk, if it is effectively "pureos in disguise"

for those interested, simply search this mailing list for
"chromium" - i have stated many many times, on this list and
others, my opinion and the crisis facing the FSDG, which hinges
largely on a resolution of that topic

here is a few starting points

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2019-10/msg00012.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/directory-discuss/2017-11/msg00003.html