Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:18:35 -0400

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
In gnu.misc.discuss Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
Thufir Hawat wrote:
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 07:57:33 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

These posts of yours are unreadable, RJ.  They go on and on
and on obsessively, yet they are none of them complete and
coherent.

Your whining continues obsessively Alan. Since you obviously
don't understand kill-files:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file please read up on the
merits of kill-files and then implement one.

Hi, Rjack, please understand - I'm not whining, I'm trying to help
you get your point across; I'm giving you feedback intended to be
helpful.

Perhaps you should drop your attempts to "help" me get my point across
as futile. Try and read a good book instead. Coffee goes well with a
good book.

You are simply insulting anyone who hasn't decided to kill-file my
posts. Are other readers of Usenet to dumb to make up their own minds?
Your condescension is no more effective than are your insults.

A kill-file will save you untold anguish, as the characters from
my posts that appear on your LCD screen will certainly force you
to read them.

That's like saying an air raid shelter will save the anguish of
bombs.

Buzz bombs over London huh?

Again, as a matter of interest, there are two different verbs in
German meaning to persuade: "ueberzeugen" means to persuade by
means of reason; "ueberreden" means to "persuade" by browbeating,
shouting, intimidation. What you are trying to do here is the
latter.  It's a shame there aren't two corresponding words in
English.

Wow! Your teutonic superiority is self-evident. You're a veritable
Houston Stewart Chamberlain.

You may not have noticed, but nobody's engaging you any more in
serious debate about your idea.  It's been exhausted, talked out.
You even admit you've posted several hundred times on the topic.
Why can't you talk about something else, something others are
interested in too?  That's what newsgroups and mailing lists are
for.

Screen out the noise. That's what kill-files are for.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)