Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:15:31 -0000

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > David Kastrup wrote:
> > [...]
> >> A promise to licensees availing themselves of the license.  Without any
> >
> > Uh retard dak.
> >
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
> >
> > "by [blah-blah], you indicate your acceptance of this License"
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_and_acceptance#Communication_of_acceptance
> >
> > "It may be implied from the construction of the contract that the
> > offeror has dispensed with the requirement of communication of
> > acceptance ... acceptance may be inferred from conduct"
>
> Yeah, you got it.  If the conduct does not show an attempt to honor any
> of the licensing conditions, non-acceptance has to be assumed.

Sez who?

> If, in contrast, we have an incomplete attempt of compliance (often
> characterizable as "dragging their feet"), we are talking about
> non-compliance instead.

Aha, since in the land of GNU only partial compliance is non-compliance
it follows that complete incompliance is compliance!

WOW.

Go to doctor, silly dak.

P.S. "Every computer program in the world, BusyBox included, exceeds the
originality standards required by copyright law."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

P.P.S. "Of course correlation implies causation! Without this
fundamental principle, no science would ever make any progress."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)