Re: The list discourse

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: The list discourse
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 22:37:55 +0300

"Thompson, David" <dthompson2@worcester.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 1:54 PM Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Thompson, David" <dthompson2@worcester.edu> wrote:
>> > So you ousted the moderators that added you as moderators?  How lovely.
>> > The discourse here has gotten considerably worse since.  Surely a
>> > coincidence.
>>
>> FWIW, I do not think so, on the contrary, Iʼm pleased to see even a small
>> shift in a discourse from @ludo@gnu.org’s and @andreas@enge.fr’s “letʼs make
>> GNU more welcoming to new contributors by imposing ‘contracts’ on them” to
>> @gameonlinux@redchan.it’s “letʼs make GNU more welcoming to new contributors
>> by reducing the burden of formalities on them”, however inappropriate the
>> rest of his remarks are.
>
> Ignoring the blatantly incorrect summary of what Ludovic and Andreas have said

No-no, please, do not ignore it.  If you believe, that I got incorrectly,
please elaborate.  Iʼm actually not so sure whether it is a well summary of
Ludovicʼs proposition, but Andreasʼs — yes, I suppose, it is.

> I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that "I prefer the toxic discourse
> guy" is not a great argument in favor of the changes in the discourse here.

If you are used to pay more attention to ‘guys’ than to their words, yes.  I
sincerely try to do the opposite, though.