Re: [GNUe] next error with first example of appsrerver

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] next error with first example of appsrerver
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 00:30:59 +0100

Thilo,

Am Dienstag, den 06.03.2007, 21:02 +0100 schrieb Thilo Riessner:
> These don't work. For different ui-drivers there are different error
> messages:

thank you very much for taking the time to try all these and telling us
the error messages. Most of them (actually all except for qt) probably
originate from the same source (technically speaking: _uiForm is not
set) meaning that there's something going wrong in a very deep layer of
the system.

I am concerned about these problems. AFAICT, nobody has tested GNUe with
Python 2.5 yet, and the error with xmlrpc (the one that Jan fixed) is
already a confirmed incompatibility between Python 2.4 and 2.5.

I wonder whether there would be an easy way in your distribution to
switch to Python 2.4, which might solve a lot of problems until we can
test better with 2.5. I don't want you (as a new GNUe user) to serve as
our crush zone against a new Python version.

Sorry for the hassle.

Reinhard