Srfi-159/166 - monadic formatting for guile

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Srfi-159/166 - monadic formatting for guile
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 15:38:50 +0200

Hi there!

I just ported the reference implementation of SRFI-159/166 (166 being the
successor of 159) from the reference implementation in chibi scheme. The srfi
document is here: https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-166/srfi-166.html

SRFI-166 is like (ice-9 format) on steroids, drenched in molasses. It can do a
lot more than (ice-9 format), but about 3x slower. I haven't started trying to
make it fast just yet, but there are some low hanging fruit (like speeding up
simple cases). I will wait with optimization until the srfi is finalized (and
also maybe hear with Alex what he has in mind before trying to half-ass it
myself).

Anyway, the repo is here: https://bitbucket.org/bjoli/guile-srfi-159 . I
haven't ported the tests, but playing with it in guile and chibi scheme
produces the same result. Tests are up, but I'm travelling without computer the
next week, so there is no time.

--
  Linus Björnstam