guix-devel

Re: Removing/replacing “Guix in action” video from the home page?

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Removing/replacing “Guix in action” video from the home page?
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 23:42:01 -0400

Hello,

Luis Felipe <luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> writes:

> [...]

I also experience poor performance on profile generation when using Guix
on an older machine equipped with spinning disks.  This kind of
operation appears to be IO hungry, and performs much faster on solid
state drives (SSDs).

I've opened an issue for the poor performance on spinning drives here:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/44053.

Thanks,

Maxim