guix-devel

Re: An idea regarding Guix Profiles

From: Nicolò Balzarotti
Subject: Re: An idea regarding Guix Profiles
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:35:25 +0100

Raghav Gururajan <rg@raghavgururajan.name> writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> At user-level, user can choose which profile to work on. Like that it
> would be cool to select which profile to boot.

If I understand this correctly, what you want is something similar to
NixOS' --profile-name [1], is that correct?

When I used it back then, the advantage of having named profiles was to
have a specific "music production" profile, with a different kernel
(-rt), different DE & so on, which I knew would always work (I updated
it very rarely).

[1] https://www.mankier.com/8/nixos-rebuild#--profile-name