guix-devel

Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?

From: paul
Subject: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 23:41:39 +0200

Hi Katherine ,

thank you for bringing this up. I too am somewhat of a contributor since about 2019 and I completely agree with your points. From reading this discussion it appears sourcehut supporting both the web and email workflow and being free software is really the best solution. It appears to have no downsides (besides for the work required for packaging and provisioning the service) and everything else either does not support email workflow or does not support web workflow.

What are the blockers in Guix's policies for moving in this direction? Should a team with a defined roadmap be created to address Katherine's and all other people's point, either way the consensus will fall?

giacomo