guix-devel

Re: [workflow] Automatically close bug report when a patch is committed

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: [workflow] Automatically close bug report when a patch is committed
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 10:45:41 +0100

Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> often bug reports related to patches are left open even after the
> patch/patchset have been applied, the last example is a batch of Debbugs
> manual gardening from Vagrant last Fri and Sat when he closed more than
> 20 bugs with messages similar to this one:
>

>  rofi-wayland was added in:
>
>  04b5450ad852735dfa50961d3afc789b2e52b407 gnu: Add rofi-wayland.
>
>  And updated to a newer version in:
>
>  19c042ddf80533ba7a615b424dedf9647ca65b0f gnu: rofi-wayland: Update to
> 1.7.5+wayland2.
>
>  Marking as done.
>
> (https://yhetil.org/guix/87zg25r0id.fsf@wireframe/)
>
> IMO we need a way automatically close this kind of bug reports... or am
> I missing something?

I think the example you give doesn't relate to what you're looking at
below (a post-receive hook).

There were at least two different issues with patches for adding
rofi-wayland [1] and [2].

1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53717
2: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/59241

One improvement I can think of here is that QA should highlight that
some of the changes in each of those patch series can be found in
another patch series.

That would then make it easier to both issues to be closed if that's
appropriate.