guix-devel

Re: [workflow] Triaging issues (was Automatically close bug report when

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: [workflow] Triaging issues (was Automatically close bug report when a patch is committed)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 17:29:16 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 at 09:37, Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> wrote:

> A more useful mumi (web or CLI) query to search for duplicates would be:
>
>   is:open tag:patch subject:<package>

[...]

> is enough, but (is:open and tag:patch,moreinfo) is better:
>
>  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/search?query=is%3Aopen+tag%3Apatch%2Cmoreinfo
>
> or even filtered if older than 5m, because "The bug will be closed if
> the submitter doesn't provide more information in a reasonable (few
> months) timeframe." [3]
>
> We could also add a feature to have "saved searches" in mumi web and CLI
> interfaces to help with this task.

Well, the Mumi CLI, “guix shell mumi” and then “mumi search”, should do
act as “saved searches”.  Although it does not work for me.

Note that Debian provides some BTS tools, as pointed here,

        Debbugs CLI client (was Re: Mumi CLI client (was: How can we decrease
the cognitive overhead for contributors?)))
        Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>
        Tue, 05 Sep 2023 10:58:50 +0200
        id:86msy1uhbp.fsf@gmail.com
        86msy1uhbp.fsf@gmail.com">https://yhetil.org/guix/86msy1uhbp.fsf@gmail.com