guix-devel

Re: Concerns/questions around Software Heritage Archive

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: Concerns/questions around Software Heritage Archive
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 23:56:06 +0000

> only a 35 yrs old white cis boy

you're judging a group of individuals, namely those who were handed the cis
white male mix at the genetic lottery, as a uniform blob. and maybe even
somewhat deplorable, if i'm reading your right.

does it make sense to judge an individual based on some coincidental
properties? or really, based on anything else than their actions? does it make
sense to discuss the actions/morality of a group of individuals that is formed
based on some coincidental properties? e.g. what can we say about the morality
of all the blond people?

and ultimately, is that an effective way of speaking up for human rights and
welcoming environments -- of all things?

maybe it's time to take a thorough look at the book that you're preaching from?

if i may, let me attempt to inspire you:

“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.”
        — Paulo Coelho (1947–)
%
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I
am changing myself.”
        — Rumi (1207–1273)
%
“If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.
If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.
If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.
If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.”
        — Lao Tzu (sixth century BC)
%
“A man of humanity is one who, in seeking to establish himself, finds a
foothold for others and who, in desiring attaining himself, helps others to
attain.”
        — Confucius (551–479 BC)
%
“To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the
nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in
order; we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts
right.”
        — Confucius (551–479 BC)
%
“Until we have met the monsters in ourselves, we keep trying to slay them in
the outer world. And we find that we cannot. For all darkness in the world
stems from darkness in the heart. And it is there that we must do our work.”
        — Marianne Williamson (1952–), 'Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding
Forgiveness And Making Miracles' (2004)
%
“If things go wrong in the world, this is because something is wrong with the
individual, because something is wrong with me. Therefore, if I am sensible, I
shall put myself right first”
        — Carl Jung (1875–1961), 'The Meaning of Psychology for Modern Man'

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39