guix-devel

Re: the right to rewrite history to rectify the past (was Re: Concerns/q

From: MSavoritias
Subject: Re: the right to rewrite history to rectify the past (was Re: Concerns/questions around Software Heritage Archive)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:27:00 +0200

On 3/21/24 17:23, Hartmut Goebel wrote:

Am 21.03.24 um 07:12 schrieb MSavoritias:
Specifically the social rules that we support trans people and we want to include them. Any person really that want to change their name at some point for some reason.

Interestingly you are asking the right to get the old name rewritten for trans people only.

To be frank: IMHO This is a quiet egocentric point of view.

In many cultures all over the world women are required to change their name when they merry. And you are not asking for women's right. But only for right for the small but loud minority of trans people.

What are you implying with the "loud" minority here?

MSavoritias