help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: 3DLDF (fwd)

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: 3DLDF (fwd)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:34:44 +0100 (MET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:34:12 +0100 (MET)
From: Laurence Finston <address@hidden>
To: XXX
Subject: Re: 3DLDF

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, XXX wrote:

>  thank you for your answer,

You're welcome.

> I tried to use cygwin, I am not sure if I have
> put 3DLDF in the good subdirectory of cygwin, I send you my log file, can
> you please have a look to it ?

That was easy --- you don't have a C++ compiler, or it's not in your
PATH.  I was just asking about Cygwin and DJGPP because I'd suggested them
to you before.  If you've got Knoppix, I wouldn't bother with the others.

I'm virtually certain that my attempt with Knoppix failed because I had
it set up so that users couldn't write on the hard disk.  I don't know how
Knoppix handles swapping in these circumstances, but I think the swap
space, if present at all, was insufficient.  It was also just a freebie
CD-ROM from a magazine.  I think the full Knoppix distribution is a lot
more complete.  For instance, mine didn't even have TeX, so 3DLDF wouldn't
have been very useful, even if I could have gotten it to build.

> Were can I download 3DLDF-1.2.0, I don't found it ?

You can either download the current snapshot, `3DLDFsnp.tar.gz'
or use CVS to get it from the CVS repository on the Savannah development
site.  There are links here, under the dodecahedron:
http://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/LDF.html#Development_Versions

1.2.0 is a collective name, and I update it frequently.

Laurence