help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: 3DLDF (fwd)

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: 3DLDF (fwd)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:37:39 +0100 (MET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:37:05 +0100 (MET)
From: Laurence Finston <address@hidden>
To: XXX
Subject: Re: 3DLDF

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, XXX wrote:

> I have made the choice to use cygwin. I have dowload and installed the
> packages base, devell, editors, and X11, I can find the paths to gcc, g++,
> vi, emacs and xemacs, I am not sure how to diel with environnement
> variables.
> Hello.c doe'snt compile for the moment : stdio.h not found.

I suppose `Hello.c' is a test program supplied with Cygwin?
`stdio.h' is part of the C standard library.  If it's not found,
your compiler is, in practice, unusable.  There must be a way of
setting the search path for libraries and header files.  On my system,
it seems to be the environment variables `PATH' and `LD_LIBRARY_PATH'.

> Does 3DLDF nied a more complet installation of cygwin ?

Probably not, but I don't know yet.  To solve the current problem, it
seems that you just need to get Cygwin configured correctly.
I'm afraid I can't help you with this, because I've never used it and know
very little about it.  Cygwin probably has a mailing list or a
newsgroup.  This problem sounds like it might even be in the FAQ.

> I send you my last config.log file.

It indicates that the compiler, while present, couldn't create
executables.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Laurence