Re: How to configure bison so that config.h does not have HAVE_S

From: lfinsto1
Subject: Re: How to configure bison so that config.h does not have HAVE_STDINT_H defined
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:45:24 +0100 (CET)

> Well, I can't go into details about the system on which this problem is
> occurring, but I have it from someone who knows for certain that the
> version
> of the operating system on which this problem is occurring does not
> include
> stdint.h.  So, again, how is configure finding this non-existent file?

It might not be.  It might just be defining the preprocessor macro.

> guess it's time to send email to bug-bison?  Or perhaps to the Autoconf
> people?

No, bug-bison would be the right list at this point.

> Guess I should take a look.

> Yes, the bison maintainers should know if the header is somewhere else,
> but
> apparently, the header does not exist on this system.

They should know about that, too.  If there are any declarations that are
needed in order for your system to conform to the standard, then they will
be in one or more other header files.  Bison's `configure.ac' or, more
likely, one of the m4 macros it calls, will have to be modified.  It
shouldn't be too difficult (but one often thinks that, doesn't one?).

Laurence