Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius dies

From: Ciprian Nica
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius dies
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 11:28:10 +0200

Hello Sergey,

Thank you very much for your help. I have installed the new version and the message
Acct.error: can't allocate port_stat: increase STAT_MAX_PORT_COUNT and recompile

appeared very often in the log file. I have "solved" this problem by commenting the logging lines in radiusd/stat.c

Anyway, could I somehow disable all this stats if this is the only reason the problem appears ? I don't need any statistics given by radius. I use rrdtool to generate usage statistics taken by snmp directly from NASes.

Once again thanks a lot,
Ciprian Nica

Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

Hello, Ciprian

I keep getting lots of exit on signal 11, one or even more (4-5) lines for every other line in the radius.log file.

Do you have any idea of the reason for this problem ?

I have revised the statistic module code, it was not expected
to cope with port numbers like 1332281786. I guess this was causing
radiusd children to coredump. The modified tarball is available at

  ftp://mirddin.farlep.net/pub/radius/gnu-radius-0.96.1.tar.gz

and also at

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/radius/gnu-radius-0.96.1.tar.gz

The md5 sum of the tarball is

  672380e03c6dd6ff27da18529cec7531  gnu-radius-0.96.1.tar.gz

(Mirddin is probably closer to you, so use it if possible).

Please give it a try. Note that you may see the following messages in
your logs:

Acct.error: can't allocate port_stat: increase STAT_MAX_PORT_COUNT and recompile

These can safely be ignored. They inform you that some statistics
will not be available from raduse output.
Please inform me if this solves the problem.

Regards,
Sergey