[Help-gnu-radius] Re: Strange Error Message

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Strange Error Message
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:48:42 +0200

Roger E McClurg <address@hidden> wrote:

> That must have been it. I killed all processes and restarted. After
> restart the message was gone.  I have always had this message about SNMP:
>     SNMP bind: Address already in use
> What is up with this one?

Radiusd tries to open the default SNMP port 161, but this port is
already occupied by another process (probably you have snmpd running).
To fix this, change the SNMP binding by adding `port' statement to
your raddb/config, e.g.:

snmp {
     port 1161; # Choose any free UDP port number.
};

> I don't know if I thanked you and the others on this list who have helped
> me through the learning curve with GNU Radius. If not, THANKS!!! The help
> is really appreciated.

You're welcome!

Regards,
Sergey