Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Strange Error Message

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Strange Error Message
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:48:36 +0200

Roger E McClurg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Doing it this
> way allowed the user to log into multiple NASs and have a configuration
> unique to that NAS without having to specify the realm name on logon.  Is
> there any way to do this in GNU Radius?

If I understand this correctly, what you need are different user
profiles for different NASes. If so, you can do it using NAS-IP-Address
attribute. In simplest case:

#raddb/users

DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.10.1,
                    Auth-Type = <...>,
                    <..whatever check pairs you need..>
        <..reply pairs, specific to this NAS..>

DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.10.2,
                    Auth-Type = <...>,
                    <..whatever check pairs you need..>
        <..reply pairs, specific to this NAS..>

etc.

If you have a set of NASes that should share the same profile, use
huntgroups:

#raddb/huntgroups

# Declare first NAS set
NAS_SET_1       NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.10.1     NULL
NAS_SET_1       NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.10.2     NULL
# Declare second NAS set
NAS_SET_2       NAS-IP-Address = ...

#raddb/users:
DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name = NAS_SET_1
                    Auth-Type = <...>,
                    <..whatever check pairs you need..>
        <..reply pairs, specific to this NAS set..>

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name = NAS_SET_2,
                    Auth-Type = <...>,
                    <..whatever check pairs you need..>
        <..reply pairs, specific to this NAS set..>

Regards,
Sergey