help-gnustep

Re: MacOSX GNUstep build issues

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: MacOSX GNUstep build issues
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:21:36 -0700

On Dec 9, 2004, at 2:19 AM, Kree Cole-McLaughlin wrote:
Ooops, you're right, I got it backwards. I guess libgnustep-base is linking agaisnt the shared libraries, which means every time I want to build an app I need to include the libraries in the linking command (what a pain!) Does anyone know how to force darwin to include the static versions of the libraries in libgnustep-base? Do I have to move the shared libraries out of the way while I compile GNUstep? There should be a better way.

Um... I'm not really sure what's going on here. You shouldn't need to include basic libraries like libxml, etc in every linking command. What errors are you getting? What are you compiling? Try running make like this:

make messages=yes

Okay, gdomap -N say nothing is registered. I guess this means there is a problem with gdnc right?

Yes. I'm not sure what, because it works fine on my Mac OS X system as well as many other people's. You probably need to debug it. Make sure to use the '-f' switch to prevent it from forking.