help-gnustep

Re: MacOSX GNUstep build issues

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: MacOSX GNUstep build issues
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:08:45 -0700

On Dec 9, 2004, at 2:24 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

That being said ... I'm not completely sure of all this, it's just the impression I've gained when trying to use MacOS-X. Someone else may have a surer idea of the exact behavior. Even better, someone may know of compiler/linker flag combinations which could be used to make MacOS-X act like a normal unix system.

It works fine for me. I can compile the whole GNUstep system and run apps. Thus gnustep-back is a bundle which links in libX, etc...

I've been messing with it for a long time, so perhaps I've done something that is not reflected in the README.Darwin, but I'm not sure what that could be. I'll have to look again to see if I'm doing something different.