help-gnustep

Re: MacOSX GNUstep build issues

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: MacOSX GNUstep build issues
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:06:23 -0700

On Dec 9, 2004, at 1:06 PM, Kree Cole-McLaughlin wrote:

Okay I recompiled things without my changes so I could list the error I get. When compiling in the gui directory it stops here:

Making all in Tools...
Making all for tool make_services...
/GNUstep/usr/bin/gcc        -o shared_obj/make_services \
       ./shared_obj/make_services.o \
-L/sw/lib -L../Source/./shared_obj -L../Model/./shared_obj -L/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/ -lgnustep-base -lobjc -lm
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_ffi_prep_cif

There must be a problem with the gnustep-base build. Can you send me the output of building gnustep-base?

out what causes this. BTW when it links gdnc I get a warning about multiple symbols definitions for NSDistributedNotificationCenterDummy. Is this normal?

That's normal.