Re: Updating a very old Guix

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Updating a very old Guix
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 15:05:30 +0100

Hi Julien,

> The command you should run is:
>
> guix archive --recursive --export `readlink -f ~/.config/guix/current` >
> guix-update.nar
>
> note the --recursive (so guix can find its dependencies, but it will
> bundle every dependency in the .nar, so there may be some duplication

I just tried that one - same problem with guix-authenticate.

> renamed the directory where the current guix version is installed). I
> think I told you "latest" before, that was my mistake, sorry. Maybe you
> can try again "guix copy", with "current" this time?

No change, I get the same protocol error.

I actually do have ~/.config/guix/latest (probably left over from an
older guix), and it does point to a store entry. So I should be able to
archive and copy it, even if it's not the entry that I need.

Cheers,
  Konrad.