help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some random thoughts

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some random thoughts
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:42:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, January 11, 2010 1:50 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> so far, the future cursors in LW6 will consists of:
>
> 1) cursor.png - the basic cursor graphic, transparency included.
> 2) cursor-color.png - adds the players color to the cursor.
>
> If you think other files are needed for the cursors, please tell!
I really must check (take time to understand) what you mean by these
cursor.png and cursor-color.png, IMHO one "cursor.png" should be enough,
but again, I'm not sure to quite get what you mean by those files.

> You're right, but that would also kill the background in the menu. Still,
> it
> would be rather easy to implement. I feel a bit wierd about that you don't
> give any opinion feedback on this one, but maybe you just don't have much
> say.
I didn't realize it would kill the background in the menu. In fact I must
admit as a player I'm not really concerned by this for I almost always
force maps to be streched to fit all the screen...

> Cool, I have added it to the task section at savannah!
Good job.

> Remember that I
> once
> suggested a blender effect, which were dependent on each fighter behaved
> according to a newtonian physics algorithm? I think that idea is kind of
> connected to this one.
Yes, they are connected I think.

> Games generally lure the player into an illusion about
> extreme
> succes - for instance they say "You have reached high score!" but they
You're right. And this is the way it should be done. I hate frustrating
games ;)

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://deca.ufoot.org ___ __/\__