help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some random thoughts - Deathmatch idea

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some random thoughts - Deathmatch idea
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:48:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Fri, January 15, 2010 3:03 am, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> perhaps they should start out with the
> average of the other players score?
Yes, sure.

> There should probably be some kind of visual showoff when the counter runs
> dry - some sound, slowmotion, or maybe the screen gets toned with the
> color
> of the winning team.
I need to hire some coders... I need to hire some coders ;)

> I wonder if we could combine the countdown and the games timer into some
> cool GUI?
Yes, probably, in fact I'd say it's mandatory. If GUI can't be simple
stupid it means it's either broken or the idea behind it too complex. Good
games (what I consider good games) are very easy to grasp. See pacman,
tetris, doom, all of them have this very obvious aspect and need only view
extra hud candy. IMHO the only need for a complex hud is when you get
involved in chats, remote servers and the rest. But for local game, KISS.

> Yeah, else it would pay off to die just to get respawned with some more
> points. We could also let everybody else get a point when someone dies.
> Gameplay-wise, the result would be kind of the same as taking one point
> from
> whoever died.
That idea is pretty good, maybe we could just say "an any time the sum of
frag counts must be 0". This solves the problem of new entrants as well.

Have a nice day,

ufoot.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://deca.ufoot.org ___ __/\__