help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some random thoughts - Deathmatch idea

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some random thoughts - Deathmatch idea
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:36:12 +0100

2010/1/15 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>

> Yeah, else it would pay off to die just to get respawned with some more
> points. We could also let everybody else get a point when someone dies.
> Gameplay-wise, the result would be kind of the same as taking one point
> from
> whoever died.
That idea is pretty good, maybe we could just say "an any time the sum of
frag counts must be 0". This solves the problem of new entrants as well.

There might be one problem: if a player has earned 12 frags, it gives him a feeling of progress, even when his performance is average compared to the other players. If on the other hand his frags had stayed at 0 (average), it feels like he has gotten no-where. (which is the naked truth, but not the most positive version) On the other hand, keeping the total frag sum at zero would fit with the way the number of fighters is constant throughout the game. (Not that there is any connection)