ifile-discuss

Re: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Maildir format

From: Brett N
Subject: Re: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Maildir format
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:46:38 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, So I'll avoid using these scripts for Maildir.

So my forte isn't so much procmail and shell scripts, so I tried writing
this in PERL. I'm about 75% done getting it to work. I had a couple of
questions..

1.First, if I just traverse the "cur" folder in each directory, will that
suffice?

2.What does a nested directory look like? does the backend server store it
flat? (ie, do I need to recurse?)

3.Right now, I backup only files (messages!) that are changed.. They stay
there in the backupdir until someone deletes them.. is that ok?

4. What do you do with the sent-mail folder? I'd like to just skip it, but
it's always called something different.. (was thinking of an array of
"non-sort" folders.. not sure how to implement?
defined(grep(/$thisfolder/,@nonsorts))???  )

Any other suggestions? it runs kinda slow since it scans the entire
Maildir tree.. well I have it spitting out verbose debug info, so maybe
the screen calls is just slowing it down..

OH, so can I just call the ifile.relearn.message script on the message
file after I add the X-Ifile-Learned-To: Header? Or do those scripts need
mods too? (seemed like they didn't as I recall..)

Thanks for all your help!
-Brett