ifile-discuss

Re: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Maildir format

From: Brett Nemeroff
Subject: Re: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Maildir format
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:27:08 -0400 (EDT)

Ooops! That wasn't supposed to be off-list.

Ok, so my script is pretty much done. Use formail to add the header and
output it to a $messagename.new file of sorts. So I am creating a new
file, moveing the old one out of the way and then renaming the old file.
No quesiton about  it, it's an entirely different file.

I don't have too much of a hangup there. I understand that moving the
messages around can result in data loss, but I think chances are on my
side. The problem that I DO have is that the file date (of course) is
reset to when it gets refiled.. So in my message list (in my client) the
dates and times are all wrong. Does anyone know how to get around this?
Could I either: 1. edit the original file and somehow retain the edit
date, or 2. manually set the edit date of the new file to the original
message date/time. I'm writing this in perl, so any suggestions using that
would be great...

OKOK, I know I just asked a PERL question. I promise that's the last time! :)

Is there anyway to make formail just add the header and not modify the
date/time??

Thanks,
Brett